Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Gwen Stefani's "Love.Angel.Music.Baby"

If there were any CD with music that is clearly not formulaic, it's definitely this one. I love almost every tune on it, except for the ones that seem a little weird. But don't ask me which ones they are, cause I can't remember off the top of my head. Especially since I just keep forwarding right over them.

Of course everyone knows "Hollaback Girl". And that other one about the car crashing and stuff. And then there's, "What You Waiting For?" I'm not crazy about her calling herself and 'stupid 'ho' so much though. But I like the beat and the message. Maybe Niece won't notice the stupid 'ho' line when I play this CD tonight in the car. I still remember the time she conspiratorially asked the ex-BF whether they could listen to the 'bad' song. He asked her which one, and she goes, "My sh*t, my sh*t." In her little 4 year old voice. Cute, but not cute at the same time.

I really admire how creative Gwen Stefani clearly is. She really has her own style and it's not anything a stylist or a studio gave her. She came up with it herself.

I'm not really into the Harijuku girls, but that's ok. I like the music. :o) This CD makes me want to get up and dance.

No comments: