Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Devil's Hour

Raise your hand if you have seen "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and had to sleep with the lights on for a full two days afterward. You get extra points if your ex boyfriend made you watch it with him the night before he had to go back to work after said incident.
 
Now raise your hand if you woke up in the middle of the night feeling like something was on your bed, looked over at your alarm clock and it said 3:03 am, which was the hour identified in "Emily Rose" as the Devil's Hour. SHRIEK!
 
You get extra points if, not long ago, you heard a voice in your head that said, "I see you" and it sounded like that Sar-guy from Lord of the Rings. Sauron! That's his name. Yeah, he was talking to Frodo or Pippin or something.
 
Freaky shit.
 
I have always been more than a little scared of the dark, and last night's little adventure didn't help much. I'm serious, I just laid in bed and felt my heart beat. I kept telling myself that this stuff only has power if I believe in it. And then I thought, Well I don't believe in that, so nana boo boo.
 
And then I thought, "The hell you don't!"
 
That little war went on for a while and is largely responsible for why I didn't sleep much last night and consequently had to come to work late today.
 
Maybe it was just aftershocks from all the stress that I've been under with this hearing coming up and scaring the living shit out of me. I've been so stressed about it and didn't even put two and two together and realize that that's why life has sucked lately. That's why I've been hating, I mean HATING, my job lately.
 
And there is that step work that I'm still procrastinating on...umm I gotta go...I have step work to do...

No comments: