Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Nick Lachey's New Single, "What's Left of Me"

So I'm listening to Nick Lachey's new single, "What's Left of Me".
 
AOL displays the album's cover art on the same page as its player. I just cannot listen to this single and look at a face that reminds me of an ape. I can't get excited about a piece of music or experience empathy for the song's protagonist while I'm looking at this face. Why do people think he's so hot?
 
Well, I guess it's more about what kind of person he is and his voice. His voice isn't bad. He doesn't sound like he'd do so well live though. This song is over-produced and plainly plays on his recent marriage breakup.
 
I'll give him an A for effort though. He doesn't suck and his style is plainly an affectation, not like his former sister-in-law, Ashlee. Yeah...you know...that chick that went OFF in Marie Claire about how people screw with women's body image and then she went and got a nose job, and then dyed her hair the same shade of blonde as her sister's.

No comments: