Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Welcome to Les Miserables in Omaha

Could my life be any more dramatic?

Deirdre and I met the foster mom last night. Load off my mind, big time! She was awesome. It is a very good placement. Phrecklette will have a lovely bedroom with a matching pillow and coverlet, blah blah blah. Lots of toys and a foster mom 100% devoted to raising her. They have told the foster mom the placement will last 3-6 months. I hope my sister never gets Phrecklette back. Phrecklette will be much better off without her mom. Anyway, D-day is this Sunday, 10/30. I am taking 10/31 off in order to deal with it.

I mean, considering all the stuff I'm going through, how much worse is Phrecklette going to have it?

I'm guardian for my dad, my mom's a knitwit and when she gets older, who do you think is going to be guardian for her? Hmmm? She won't have any retirement savings.

Dad's in that nursing home right now and he gets disoriented so easily, it's not even funny. His balance is questionable, and I swear, he lives in a fantasy world or something. They called today and said that, since they're done with therapy for him, they will be discharging him Thursday unless someone else will pick up the tab. Read: unless family will pick up the $150/day tab. Yeah right! We're ALL poor.

So I've been frantically trying to figure something out. Thank God I started a Medicaid application for him when this all began, because it looks like that will save the day. I think my Mom is going to need to divorce him in order to get it approved though. Otherwise, they, like the VA, might consider her income too when reviewing the application, which would kill the application. I wonder, can I file for divorce on behalf of my father?

I called Mom today. She said there's no way he'll be living with her. So who's he going to live with, huh? ME? Not a chance! I shouldn't even have to do this! This is HER job.

I mentioned to my sup about what's going on and she was worried that I'd have to take time off on Thursday. I guess all this drama is getting to her. She even mentioned that I have a lot of drama in my life. Believe me, she wasn't being nasty in the last. It is the truth. It's not my fault that all this is happening. But why did I volunteer for this? If being Dad's guardian is this difficult, I'm not sure I can do it. At some point, don't I have to save ME? This is messing with my job!!!!! Maybe I can get Jon to help me with this…I probably can, he's the most understanding boyfriend that ever frickin lived...

No comments: