Monday, October 10, 2005

No one has visited Daddy today...

Like these people have so many better things to do!!! Crikey! Mom just took a whole month off of work, ostensibly because of Daddy being in the hospital…why is she not visiting him? So he's been sitting there all day with no one visiting him. Damnit.

Oh and Nancy wrote me back…

La Phreckle,
I suspected something was up when (your sister) couldn’t tell me his phone number at the hospital during the phone call. She also said the stroke was caused because of the drinking. My father was an alcoholic so there is no shame in telling me this. I understand. It happens to some families. (Your sister) gave me only the patient info number and hospital name and told me I could send things to him through her. God blessed your father by giving you such compassion.

The hospital has some sort of “outpatient placement” when he is ready to leave there. You may want to speak to the nurses at the hospital and tell them what has been going on also. Ask the Doctor(s) for a family conference. They will assess your family situation and find a safe place for your father to fully recover. I agree - A homeless shelter is not it. They know that just like you do. I had your father put on the prayer list at Mass, yesterday. I also told him I would pray a rosary for him. His speech was slurred but he seemed cheerful just for my call. My mom and your aunt are aware your Dad is in the hospital. You may wish to call them to counter any informational damage they may have received.

I understand you have your hands full with the baby. Don’t be alarmed as this is too much for you to handle alone. You are doing your best to take care of the baby. Your family just needs more help than you are personally able to give. Don’t worry about your sister and your mom. They will take care of each other.

Focus on your dad. He is the one in trouble right now. You have the wisdom to know that and the emotional strength to take care of their grandchild. The doctors are in charge not anyone else. Good luck!!!!!!! And know that you are loved as well.

Nancy

No comments: