Monday, October 10, 2005

The Pains of Thoughtless Directors

Thank God I have this blog as an outlet instead of going off on the poor people that I serve here at the office. Just because I am bone-tired from staying up too late last night and worrying about my dad, that doesn't mean they should fall victim to my ill-tempered ranting.

Sooooooooooooooooooo…here goes….

One of my directors had me print about 18 copies of a presentation for her. 20 pages…no no…28 pages each. So that's 504 pages. One ream of paper.

I print them.

And bind them.

And present them.

And only THEN does she check them for boo boos.

Why check them before sending them to me? Why would someone do something as silly as that? I must be off my rocker for thinking such a thing! So she THEN checks them for accuracy (I've edited them too) and then informs me that she needs one number changed in the presentations. I find out it's only 1 stat that she has wrong and it's very unlikely the prospect would notice. I bring this to her attention. Does she still want all 18 copies rebound? Of course. What else would the *&^% want? :o) It's not like SHE has to do it.

Well thank God it is just one page that needs to be reprinted. That's really not that bad. It could be a lot worse, right? Right. I felt better after I messed with Command Workstation so that my print job would print ahead of the others that were waiting there before mine. HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

No comments: