Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Today's Horoscope

Sheila,
You could feel in control of your life today, for you have the benefit of understanding what is happening. Your mind is like a sponge now and you don't miss a trick. You have a keen sense of which issues require the most attention, so you are able to cut through the clutter and get at the essentials. Telling others what to do, however, will require clarity and tact. Don't expect people to do what you want without precise instructions.

Again, fairly accurate. I am concerned right now that my sister will be too permissive with Phrecklette and that Mom will not do the right things by Dad. She actually told me that she wished he had died so she wouldn't have to see him like this. Loverly. How insensitive. I pointed out to her that it might suck for us to see him like this, but Dad is just fine…he doesn't know that he's confused. As long as he has his family and friends around him, he is going to be just fine. Now she is trying to pawn guardianship of Dad off on me. I'm thinking about it, but I don't know if I'm going to go for it or not. I will check into it and see what must be done. Honestly, I don't trust my mom to manage it properly and ensure that Dad is taken care of.

But another part of me asks, "Is this you just being codependent? Needing someone else to take care of now that Phrecklette is leaving?" The truth is, I don't know. But who else is going to take care of him right? My mom looks at him as a burden, not a person. I'm not sure she is the right choice to care for him. Last night when I went to get the info from my mom, my sister was there and she nervously asked, "What do you need that for?" I explained…"Mom and I are trying to figure out who's going to be Dad's guardian. I'm not sure I'm going to do it because I don't know how much work it is. I'm tired of taking care of you people."

Anyway, we will see. I have sought advice from two people I trust and will go from there.

No comments: