Monday, October 03, 2005

Dad's Going to a Homeless Shelter and Mom's Outta There

I found out the following tidbits on Saturday:

1. Mom came home and started kicking ass and taking names.

2. Dad will be going to a homeless shelter to dry out and get his life back together sans Mom.

3. They were $2,000.00 behind on their rent.

4. Mom took money out of her 401(k) again and has about $2,000 to spend on moving etc.

5. Mom is moving out of that apartment THIS WEEK with no new place lined up. I guess she'll be staying with my sister for a little bit. I'm trying to help her avoid it. We looked for apartments for her this weekend. She's still not living in the real world and wants to keep that stupid car.

I think the most striking thing is that my Dad is going to a homeless shelter…I just can't believe it. I don't know whether to do something about it or leave well enough alone. He won't be on the street and he'll be getting some help with his drinking problem…not that there's any point as he's already lost everything. Sometimes I wish I could just escape from these people all together and be by myself.

MJ was being nice this morning with curiosity shallowly disguised as concern over my situation with Phrecklette and that this needs to be over for me so I can take care of myself. Like she cares. But I, as usual, have a problem with verbal spew -- I agreed with her and talked a little bit about how I feel about it. It felt good to talk to someone. I almost told her about the rest of the family but I didn't feel the need to…I'm waking up and being an adult and realizing that my life is not for someone else's entertainment.

Mom came over last night and got some boxes…and she filled BF and I in on her latest trouble with my father. I guess he wanted to go up to the gas station and get some more Tums (read: booze). Mom objected and wouldn't let him take the car. So he was trying to leave and things got a bit ugly…my sister was there and she called the police, who told my father that he could not stop Mom from leaving. Surprise surprise.

So anyway, life continues to be crazy.

No comments: