Monday, October 03, 2005

Phrecklette Went Postal this Weekend

What a loverly weekend!

Or not.

Saturday morning, Phrecklette went to her mom's house for about 2 1/2 hours for parenting skills. All was well and good and she was angelic, until they announced it was time to get ready to leave. Then the proverbial human waste hit the proverbial fan.

From what I understand, Phrecklette ran up to her room, then came out , rather reluctantly. That's an understatement…the family support worker (FSW) carried her out, whilst being beaten and kicked the whole time. Apparently, Phrecklette also took some swings at her mother and landed some there. My sister helped carry FSW's things out to the car and witnessed Phrecklette delivering a 1-2 punch to the FSW in the form of one kick, then another kick to the FSW's face. She didn't stop beating the living daylights out of the FSW until FSW came up with the following:

"DO YOU WANT ME TO MAKE IT SO YOU CAN NEVER SEE YOUR MOM AGAIN?"

Phrecklette stopped dead in her tracks, her face crumpled and she started crying really hard. Not sure that was appropriate, but I guess being kicked in the face twice sorta gets to you.

Meanwhile, BF and I had gone out to breakfast alone for the first time in a long time. I was a total you-know-what the whole time. I was unexpectedly upset about Phrecklette's absence. BF couldn't do anything right. It took me some time to get over it. By the time my sister called to let me know what had happened, I was doing alright.

BF and I got home just as the FSW was pulling into the parking lot. I knocked on her window and she got out. Phrecklette was very unwilling to get out. She finally did when BF started counting. But then she ran away…BF caught her.

And then something remarkable happened.

The FSW said…"I can understand why you're done." No one up to this point has validated my decision…at the time I made it, I didn't want to do it, but now I see that I'm doing the right thing.

I decided right then and there this weekend that I have to be very, very firm with her. Phrecklette must have had 10 timeouts in one day at least.

In other news…Janwitch and I took Phrecklette and her little brother to the park on Sunday. That was fun. It's nice to have a friend with a kid Phrecklette's age to take her places and stuff.

No comments: