Friday, October 21, 2005

Dad Does Not Belong in a Nursing Home

He's fully recovered from his stroke and the sad thing is that he swears up and down he's never going to drink again…but none of us trust him not to.

He's very angry all the time and hates that nursing home. I'm not surprised…he doesn't belong there at all. I have to find another place for him…I've been appointed guardian. Yippy skippy. Last night he cussed at me to which I replied, ok I'm leaving, and then he apologized immediately. Gotta love those old alcoholics.

The other residents in the nursing home are much worse off than Dad, healthwise. Many are in wheelchairs. He seriously needs to be somewhere different. But I still don't know if he can live on his own or not. I just see him getting into trouble with drinking and not paying bills again. To some extent, he seems like he can care for himself…he can cook for himself and some things like that. He would need help with housework. But falling remains a very real problem. I don't know what the solution is.

I have a follow up appointment today at the Home he's at…I guess we'll discuss it there.

No comments: