Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Today's Horoscope and Other News

Sheila,
Work-related issues have been weighing heavily on you and although you are still concerned about your professional role, circumstances lighten up today. You are determined to change the dynamics in the current power balance. Put your needs on the line; even if they don't resolve immediately, it's apparent you are finally moving in the right direction.

I was/am worried about my attendance. The family-related emergencies I've had to deal with have taken their toll on my reliability and dependability. Today is the first day in a while that I've been on time for work. Even that was a struggle. When I wake up in the morning, the right side of my lower back is killing me and I'm not feeling refreshed. I feel tired. Getting out of bed is a struggle.

My birthday was a flop. Not one person I support did anything about it. Nothing. Lol. I just came up with an idea. I still have my bday cards from last year. *evil laugh*. I will put them up in my cube!!!!! LOL. Ok, did it. I put up 3 cards lol including the one Karen gave me. :) Now let's see how this experiment works. I'm going to have to remember to keep these cards!

Funny, no one ever forgets Twiggy's birthday. Every year, someone takes her out to lunch, she gets cards, blah blah blah. Well I guess it's true. Fat people are invisible.

I went home and picked up the apartment and did my checkbook last night. That was fun. You would not believe how much of BF's stuff I threw out. All his stupid papers and crap that he saves. It's totally idiotic. I just threw them out and he will never  notice they're gone, I guarantee. The apartment looks much better without all that stuff laying around.

I've started planning for redecorating my apartment after Phrecklette's departure. Hey, life goes on. The world won't stop spinning because Phrecklette's gone. If I stop living and wallow in my sorrow over this, I'm just going to throw away everything I've worked for. No way am I doing that.

The nursing home is throwing Dad out today. Loverly. And guess who he's staying with? The wicked witch of the west. It should be for no more than a week. I hope. And pray. Otherwise, they'll kill eachother.

Mom came over last night to drop off the application for the VA and also Dad's new checkcard and PIN number. Before she did that, we talked on the phone. Hey guess what? She finally remembered my birthday. Probably because Cathleen reminded her. I went OFF on her lol. She told me happy birthday and I go,

"Aw, thanks Mom. So did Cathleen have to remind you?"
"No, I knew it was your birthday all along. I don't have much money right now, or I'd…" Funny. She bought herself a loverly dinette set yesterday and told me about it…twice.

"You knew? Oh that's funny because we've had like 5 conversations today and you seemed oblivious.."
"No , I knew and…"
"Oh whatever. This isn't the first time Mom! You forget my damn birthday every fricking year!"

There was a little more but I think you get the picture. There was definitely a lot more cussing, but we'll just edit that out…

I asked BF to please go to the store and get me some sherbet. He flatly refused and asked me to do it. Another occasion to go off…I mean, last year I spent the whole day getting ready to do something special for his birthday.

I cooked this lovely dinner.
I bought candles and candlesticks.
We ate dinner by total candlelight.
I bought wine.
I bought special glasses.
Mein gott!!!!!

For my birthday, what did I get from him? A card, a flower and that's it.

You know, I understand that people don't have money. I don't expect them to spend all kinds of money on me. It's the things they DO that matter. Not what they buy. He couldn't have cooked me dinner? Picked up the apartment? Taken me to a park? Taken me to the dang dollar theater? Anything????? JESUS.

It just irks me to no end.

No comments: