Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Twiggy is on the War Path

Maybe I shouldn't have told Twiggy that I was accidentally nasty to a someone who called us for Geico the other day. She's on the war path, I think.
 
Twiggy just answered the phone so sharply that I thought her head was going to start spinning and fly right off.
 
The other day someone called and asked for Geico, just like a hundred other callers each day. I was polite and informed him that he had reached the wrong number, just as I am with allll the other callers. However, this one had the audacity to ask me if I could transfer him to Geico. Why would you ask someone who is at the WRONG NUMBER to transfer you to the right one? I emphatically said NO! My tone was a little bit on the snarky side...it was something like, "No! Of course not, you moron! Are you nuts?!!!" I really, really did not mean to sound that way. It just kinda tumbled out.
 
Well, I sort of told Twiggy about that and she seems to have sort of gotten the idea that if I did it, it must be ok. Which is strange, because I am plainly not a leader in this area.
 
Shortly thereafter, she got up and walked away. I think she knew she was about to have a meltdown or something. I feel bad for her, but she's been offered many different positions in the past and always turns it down. She's been offered the executive assistant to Napoleon position, she's been offered my job, just all sorts of things. She always turns all offers down. I don't know why; she's plenty capable, and she's a much better worker than I am, frankly. I am only just now figuring out that yes, you really do have to show up to work every day, on time or early. She's had that figured out from the beginning.

No comments: