Thursday, January 19, 2006

Surprise

"Hi baby. How was your day?" Boyfriend looks cute in that hoodie he got for Christmas.
 
"Long and boring. I'm exhausted and starving." My gut is rumbling.
 
"I have another surprise for you."
 
"Oh wow. Do I get to drive my own car tomorrow morning to work?" Already thinking of making him drive me to work again.
 
"Well...yes...but that's not it." We both laugh.
 
"Oh ok...you've put on your chef's hat and made macaroni and cheese with hot dogs for dinner tonight?" I am a woman who appreciates not having to make dinner, no matter how unhealthy the presented meal may be.
 
"Nope."
 
"Well, what IS it??? You know I hate waiting."
 
"You're going to have to wait."
 
"I knew you were going to say that. You know I hate that!" I may heard cackling from the driver's seat.
 
We get home. In the entryway before our apartment door, I am told to shut my eyes and am led into the apartment by the hand. Boyfriend flicks the lights on.
 
I open my eyes and am greeted by a neat and tidy living room. Then I am greeted by a neat and tidy kitchen. Next up, the neat and tidy bathroom, and finally, the neat and tidy bedroom with bed made, neatly and tidily.
 
I was too exhausted to properly appreciate this gift last night. But today I feel like I have caught the most desirable fish on the planet and everyone else is missing out. It's a great feeling. :o) A feeling of, wow, I have stumbled into a healthy relationship. Whoa. How did that happen to ME?

No comments: