Thursday, January 12, 2006

I have close to nothing to do and Twiggy is working her recently amplified hindquarters off...

I can feel the daggers in my back. And that's kinda funny because we have been chums recently. I guess showing up on time every day just isn't cutting it anymore in order to be her 'friend'. Now she actually expects me to be a workhorse or something like that.

No, I think what really 'made her day' was when a VP asked me to do his travel. When MJ got canned, 2 of her VPs were assigned to me. I was supposed to do their clerical and event-planning functions and Twiggy was assigned their travel. One of the VPs has a habit of just having me do his travel. I have a habit of just saying yes. Twiggy has a habit of becoming fairly angry and expressing that passive-agressively when I do it.

I think she is proud that she has 2 VPs assigned to her for their travel instead of she just picks up the slack because she's who they happen to like dealing with. And of course when I do travel for that VP, that's invading her territory.

I guess I'm going to have to choose between being the 'go-to' person for that VP or being chums with Twiggy. I think I'll go ahead and choose 'chummery'.

VPs come and go. Twiggy stays.

No comments: