Thursday, January 26, 2006

Appraisal Time

Well, I just passed my 3rd anniversary with the company. It's a miracle that I've made it this far. I should have been fired many times over, and if it weren't for my gracious and kind-hearted Supervisor, I would have been.
 
So I am going to get my appraisal tomorrow morning. Supervisor wants to go over it with me. I told her she should just give it to me and I will read it. She wants to 'talk' about it. Ugh. I hate this. Now, usually, the appraisal is 95% good with 5% bad. You know how it goes: they go over alllllll your strengths and the good stuff you've done this past year.
 
Then it's time for the shiznit.
 
You've been late and absent more times than they can count. You've screwed up several times. You've done this, you've done that. You've written to your blog from work and said non-complimentary things about several parties whose identities we can only guess at. And Napoleon wants to give you another warning because you were supposed to have zero tardies but you had 3 or 4, maybe 5. Or because your clothes don't fit perfectly and you haven't worn a blazer in eons (cause you're too lazy to take it to the dry cleaners). In your downtime, instead of thinking of new and innovative things to do for your job and executing them, you read celebrity gossip blogs. You dropped an F bomb or two here and there during stressful moments. Never mind that a Director dropped the P word (the one that ends in Y) right in the middle of a staff meeting.
 
Supervisor writes the appraisal and then she must submit it to Napoleon for review. Then he has to sign off on it. She writes everything in glowing terms first. Then he edits it, I think. I'm sure he probably skewered me.
 
I'm sooooooo not looking forward to this.

No comments: