Friday, November 18, 2005

What is My Greatest Fear?

Well, that depends on the day and mood, but for now, let's talk about a big one, which is that this blog would get 'discovered' and people might actually want to read it.
 
Can you imagine the acerbic comments I'd get about some of the stuff I post? I see blogs like Opinionistas and WaiterRant.net getting terrible comments, and they don't really post about their shortcomings. That I can tell, anyway. I've posted about my huge lack of responsibility at times, the fact that Boyfriend and I have broken up and gotten back together a bunch of times, that I gave my niece back to the state (horrors!), that I am pro-life (worse horrors, for some folks), my opinions about everything basically.
 
And then I enabled comments.
 
Now so far, no one has commented. Hardly anyone reads this blog. Which is fine by me. I don't think I want that to change. My quiet little corner of the world can stay quiet and that's cool. I don't want people trying to ferret me out. Especially people in my workplace or family. And some of the stuff that's happened to me isn't run-of-the-mill, could-happen-to-anyone stuff. It's very, ummmm, distinctive. Know what I mean? Anyone who reads about my niece and my struggles with that will, if they know who I am, know who the author of this blog is. And anyone who knows who I am -- well, I don't really want them reading this. My anonymity is the reason I feel free writing here. I can really say whatever I want. Like even stupid stuff about how right Kanye West was about the president not caring about black people.
 
(My first take on that was the same as the average non-educated American's. Then you hear about a different perspective and you realize...West probably wasn't right.)
 
So anyway, on with my evening. This evening shall include a visit to Wal*Mart for snacks and a movie...either Chicken Run or Planet of the Apes with Mark Wahlberg. Au revoir!  

No comments: