Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Guess Who's Trying to Come Back...

Hmmmm…

Is it one of the recently fired/laid off unfortunates?

Nooo…

It's that loverly man who
A. Left to start his own company,
B. Once told me I should work at Burger King instead of this place because I was too irreponsible. He was right, at the time.,

C. Thinks adultery is ok even if you're in a committed relationship
D. Openly flirted with me as I got thinner
E. Mistook me for his online mistress when I greeted him with, "Hello there! What's up?" His response: "Oh nothing, just dreaming of your pretty face." Next IM from him: "No, I'm not leaving my wife." My response, "Ok." I left off the ellipsis so as not to embarrass him by basically saying, I know you have the wrong IM and now your little secret is out.

F. Promised me a job when he left here but never delivered. I see now that that was fortuitous.

The only problem with this not-so-triumphant return strategy is that they didn't even replace him when he left here. The VP of sales in charge of that particular vertical decided there wasn't enough work for someone to live on. So if he were to return, I don't think he'd be doing the same vertical as he was when he left. And that's a problem, since that's what he specializes in, it's all he knows, and that's where all his contacts are. Plus all the agencies he worked with have been reassigned. Soooo that's not happening. It'll be interesting to watch.

Funny, he never messages me anymore when I'm online.

No comments: