Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Horoscope for Today

It seems this one's message is one day late…

Sheila,
Although differences of opinion are normal, you don't need to escalate them into outright conflict. You are the passionate type who doesn't take a half-hearted approach, giving you strength of vision when things are tough. It can also trap you in an extreme position on a day like today. Keep an open mind and a sense of humor. Remember, it isn't worth damaging a relationship just to make your point.

My sister invited me over yesterday night to watch Revenge of the Sith with her; plus she bought me a copy. Being in the mood for an ice cream binge, I bought a copious amount of it, brought it over with me and proceeded to watch the depressing movie. The problem is that she lives in a questionable area. I haven't seen any crime or any gangbangers or anything like that…but BF was pretty ticked that I reneged on a (ridiculous) promise not to go over there after dark because he considers that area to be dangerous.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous. I don't think it's that dangerous, but BF is usually right about just about everything. I went over there anyway last night, but I can't do that anymore. I have to give him some respect and how hard is it not to go over to my sister's house after dark? Not that hard. He's worth much more than any entertainment or anything gleaned from such a visit.

We were both laying in bed late last night after I got home and I think we were both kinda struck by how quiet everything is without Phrecklette there. Phrecklette is cool with her new life…I went over to the foster mom's house for a 'placement meeting' last night and Phrecklette was doing her best to stick to her new foster mom and not me. I understood though and I'm happy for her that she likes the new FM that much. I think she was afraid that I was going to take her away. After she gave me my first hug, it was hard to let her go though.

I did get some hope from visiting with the new FM and her Agency worker. The Agency Worker thought that they were looking toward termination as the goal. That would be great for Deirdre. She's right at the adoptable age. And my sister will never be the kind of mother she needs. Heck, when I was over there last night, I was surprised at how messy the apartment was becoming. Even worse than mine, and I'm no Housekeeper of the Year. Now I wonder if I should be pointing out the filth to her caseworker or just leave it alone…and I think I'm going to go with leave it alone. My sister won't be getting any tips on how to get her child back from me. She's going to have figure it out and take ownership.

No comments: