Monday, November 07, 2005

Today's Horoscope

Sheila,
You may feel as if a pool of anger or resentment is rising, and yet you might not know where these feelings originate. Furthermore, it's difficult to tell how deep the waters are. Be careful about jumping into this situation, for the sirens can seduce you into believing that you'll be better off with full engagement. You are quite receptive today, so consider the possibility that these emotions may be projecting from someone else.

Oh I know where they originate. From the person sitting in the cubicle next to me…Twiggy.

I had a 'come to Jesus' talk with my sup on Friday. Apparently, I look too frumpy, I'm not on time for work or not here too much, I conduct personal business at work, I have too many 'visitors' at work, and I wear my tennis shoes in my cube to top it all off. Horrors!!!!!

Well I know exactly who reported two of those items -- personal business and 'visitors'. Twiggy did. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a hand in the rest as well. That girl is on a power trip and it's just getting really ridiculous. Right now, I am so filled with anger toward her. It is hard to dispose of the feelings as you can't really dump them on the deserving party.

But what you can do is stop being so bloody nice to her. You can stop listening to her gossip. You can stop offering to help her by taking HER phones so she can get out of here on Fridays or right before her vacations. You can stop talking to her unnecessarily. In short, you can give the deserving party the cold shoulder. With as angry as I feel toward the turncoat, she won't just be getting the cold shoulder. She'll be getting the nitroglycerin-frozen shoulder.

What's more is that she was totally wrong in doing that to me. Maybe if she had the problems that I did, she would understand. But no, she acts the cold, unfeeling rhymes-with-rich. As far as visitors? Basically what might happen occasionally is that BF would bring something up here for me that I forgot. That was it. There were no extended visitors on work time. It wasn't like what Twiggy does -- leave her desk for half an hour at a time to gossip with people, while I answer her phone. And I never once complained to my supervisor. Honestly, it wasn't that big a deal…if I absolutely had to do something, then I found a way to get it done, but I didn't run to our sup every time she transgressed.

I'd like to say that my silence and lack of complaints about Twiggy will end now, but I don't know that they will. Do I want to be like HER? No. And what good would it do, honestly? Other than to make me feel a little bit better? Nothing. I will think about it, but I don't think it'll change much.

Twiggy went to Napoleon once about Adminzilla. Then MJ went to Napoleon about Adminzilla. Now the remaining busybody thinks she can do that every time she's ticked off about someone. What happened to the chain of command? I thought that disrespecting your boss was something you could get in trouble for but apparently not when you dress nicely.

Napoleon probably wouldn't even notice me that much if I looked great every day. Well, now I have enough clothing to ensure that I do. He just walked by and looked at me like, dangit, I was thisclose to getting rid of her!!!!!

Oh well, time to stop whining and get to work. I have enough to do, for once and I'm very glad of it. I'm tired of feeling useless.

No comments: