Thursday, September 14, 2006

Syriana

Great movie. Realllly makes you think. That guy who plays the good emir is hot. I think his name is Siddiq something. Definitely hot. His evil prince brother looks hot at first, then turns weasily and non-hot as we get to know him.

George Clooney looks a bit like someone's cuddly grandfather until he meets a dude in a cafe and basically tells him that if anything happens to old Georgie, then first the dude's son will die, then his wife, then him. And, oh, by the way, Georgie wants his passports back.

Sorry for the, uh, 'blonde' kind of writing...I've been reading this Dean R. Koontz book, "Seize the Night" and two of the main characters are boardheads. Surfers, that is. With genetically engineered troops of rhesus monkeys wandering around their community, trying to kill them. You have to read it to understand, dude.

The Ritz crackers that I bought the other day as work snacks in order to avoid vending machines are totally clamshelling me as though I was riding insanely hollow, fully macking waves and didn't get out of the pipe in time. This is the second of two Dean R. Koontz books.

Got my subpoena today for the trial in October regarding Niece's situation. I'll be sitting out in the hall with four other witnesses, probably crocheting the baby blanket that I am acquiring the CORRECT yarn for today. I tried to do it half-assed last night but just couldn't bear the thought of doing all that work and ending up with a misshapen, birth-defected baby blanket at the end of three months. I'm thankful that it wasn't in fact a subpoena for one of my past financial misdeeds. No, not fraud, just severe bill-paying dysfunction.

I did spend some time last night freaking out and calling my OA friends to whine about what IS that subpoena? What are those civil process servers bringing me? One of my buddies assured me that, even if I were to become homeless, I could just crash in her basement. Not sure how the department of health and human services would take that. Their attitude might be something akin to, "Not with our ward, you're not!" One more reason to continue to be a functioning adult.

Alrighty, enough with the fun writing...now I must crank out about five expense reports. A bunch of my peeps just back from this year's major tradeshow for them, soooooo I'm sure I'll have more fun to report later, yo!

(If you could see how un-hip I am in real life, you'd totally laugh your ass off at all this hip-talk I'm trying to use.)

Oh, did I forget to let you know about the weird-ass text message I got last night? Here it is:

"Diary of a mad black woman ~Bite My Sushi~"

This little jewel was sent at 3:14am last night. I have no idea who sent it or what it means. I do recall a conversation with an OA friend about sushi the other day...but she's sane, so I doubt that she'd be up at 3:14am on a school night. Hence, the mystery of the sender is still a mystery. I just have their phone number, and as I am 3/4 convinced that they sent it to the wrong person, I'm loathe to actually call them.

Diary of a Mad Black Woman was frickin' awesome, by the way. I LOVED it. I totally recommend that one.

Alright, alright, I succumb to actually working for a living. I will now proceed to crank out several expense reports. Au revoir!

No comments: