Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Rainy Day with Hope

So recently I have felt out of whack. Munchkin was out of control and so was I.

Today however is a new day. The whole day yesterday went well - Munchkin behaved, I behaved. Same thing today. Yay! : )

She even got dressed and made her bed when I told her to. Miracles do happen!

I don't have control over her actions but I think that it helps that my attitude has changed in these past two days and so now all of a sudden things are going well. I conduct myself differently as a parent and therefore, she reacts differently.

I am just feeling all around better. It could be that I was in a 'sugar depression' and that colored everything, I'm not sure. But I think we are going to try sugar-free syrup, just in case. A program friend of mine suggested it. She said that when we eat less sugar, it affects us even more when we dabble in it. Kind of like building up a tolerance to alcohol. The more you drink, the more you need to get the effects.

Remember that delicious breakfast that V cooked for Edie in V for Vendetta? And then her gay friend also cooked it for her? And then Parliament blew up? It's called Eggy in the Basket and it's awesome. I resurrected my small cast iron skillet and made it last night. Realllllly simple greasy morning deliciousness. Yum. I think right now that I'd have breakfast at every meal of the day. I'm on a real breakfast kick right now.

Eggy in the Basket

Ingredients:
- 1 slice of bread, your choice. You'll want something substantial. I used cheap wheat bread, but I think I'm going to try something different next time…like perhaps some potato bread or Italian bread.

- 1 medium egg - depends on your bread. Are you using cheap wheat or white? Then you need a medium egg, because it'll fit in your bread. But if you are using something more substantial, you could probably get away with a large egg.

- 1 tsp butter
Salt & pepper to taste

1. Cut a hole out of your bread…about the size of a tennis or handball. Not a science, I have read. ;o)
2. Butter one side of your bread.
3. Melt the butter or whatever in your skillet on medium.
4. Put your bread in the pan, buttered side up.
5. Break your egg into the hole. Or if you detest that yolky taste, break your egg into a bowl, whisk, and THEN pour into your bread.

6. Let egg 'set' into bread. Check it occasionally to see how it's doing.
7. Carefully turn it over (egg will be runny on top).
8. Cook until you think it's perfectly done.

Voila! Five or ten minutes tops for the whole thing. I saw somewhere else online where someone added some dill. I might try that, but this is good enough for me right now. :o) Cheap and filling, peeps!

No comments: