Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Schools Are Wussies

I'm about ready to scream right now. Munchkin's school is full of a bunch of adults who are total wussies against my five year old. They are not in charge of their classroom. They're handing all this power over to a five year old for God's sake.

She misbehaves and goes to the Positive Action Center. I have renamed this to something more appopriate for what actually takes place there: the Positive Bullsh*t Center.

This all started last week. On Tuesday, she came home talking about the PBC and how fun it was and that she was good and got to go there. Something was fishy. So I called the school to ask about what this boon she was talking about was. And they filled me in.

Guess what? Next day Munchkin was misbehaving again. And where did she go? To the PBC.

Foster children are usually children who have suffered neglect and abuse of some kind. Because they could not get what they needed from their caregivers, they learned that, in order to survive, you manipulate and cajole until your needs are met. Therefore, many of them, though they are good kids, are also expert manipulators. They truly do not know any better. Such is the case with Munchkin.

I have told them again and again that she is working them, yada yada yada, and they will not change their ways in the PBC until the principal approves it. This absolutely defies sense. So until the principal gets back from her brother's surgery, my kid will be treated well for being naughty. And all those adults are completely aware that they are being worked, but they're willing to let this go on because no one in charge is there to tell them to comply with my wishes!

They called me yesterday and had me come and get her because she was running out of the classroom. I didn't know any better so I just went with it. Today when they called to warn me about possibly having to take her home, I flatly refused. I'm sorry, but you're letting a five year old run your school? Get a clue people.

You know what my sponsor tells me when I call her crying because I'm so frustrated with Munchkin? She tells me, with a tone that tells me I'm being ridiculous, that I'm letting a five year old determine my self-worth. Guess what? She's right. A five year old should NEVER be in charge and that's what this school is letting go on.

And I'm not concerned that they have all these other kids to educate. I'm sorry, but in order to get what I need for Munchkin, I cannot be concerned about that. That is their problem to solve. If I thought it would benefit Munchkin in the least for me to come and get her, then I would certainly do it. But you cannot tell me that Munchkin is the one who will benefit from me taking her home. No. The SCHOOL is the one who will benefit, not my niece. Their 'problem' will be solved and my niece will lose yet another day of learning.

Well, not quite. She'll learn something…she'll learn that if she acts crazy, she will be in charge and can do whatever the he*l she wants. I REFUSED to help the school teach her that.

No comments: