Monday, February 28, 2005

Weekend Update

Friday -- Sat at home, went to bed early.
Saturday -- Phrecklette woke me up around 7am, I refused to get out of bed. Her revenge for said neglect? Spread raisinbran all over the floor in the living room. I get out of bed around 8am, clean up raisin bran, and we're out the door by 11 to go have brakes worked on.

Off we motor to BF's sister's house, where BF's sister's BF (wow that's confusing) replaces pads and rotors. But not without us getting the wrong parts twice because yours truly didn't know what year her own car was made. After many barbs aimed at my stupidity for that one, BF's sister and her boyfriend babysite Phrecklette whilst we go out doing karaoke. This was a lot of fun. NOTE TO SELF: BF is incredibly bad at karaoke. Oh. My. God. I did a good job of pretending I didn't know him. I did ok...I sang two songs -- but I only remember one: Blame it on Your Heart by Patty Loveless.

Sunday -- We get up and off we motor to Sista Phreckle's house where we see that Sista Phreckle looks dramatically different with her hair cut and permed. She seems to have awakened from a long slumber. She was more assertive and had bathed recently, which is a bit of a change from Sista Phreckle's usual modus operandi. Welllllll we went to breakfast at the TA (being trucker's daughters). Phrecklette was so happy to have her mommy near her. I now have faith that Phrecklette might actually be ok with Sista Phreckle. We will see.

Off we motor to the Goodwill after that, where Sista Phreckle buys a bunch of clothes for Phrecklette. Tons of size 5 pants. You can never have enough, fyi. I get some candle holders, Sista Phreckle gets some books.

Back to Mom and Dad's house we go, where we finalize Sista Phreckle's MK order...which comes out to $800.00. : ) Rock on. She pays in cash. I deposit $700 and keep $100, which I end up giving to the landlord. Phrecklette goes off with Sista Phreckle, Phrecklette's half-brother, and Janwitch to dinner.

(NOTE: New code name: Janwitch -- my sister's best friend who ran off with Phrecklette's dad while Sista Phreckle was 3 months pg...WHORE.)

After receiving a call from Irritato, I go and pay him $100 toward rent. His apartment is a digusting mess. Evidently, he feels the need to explain why it's a disgusting mess after I leave, because he calls me to chit chat about it while I am at the grocery store. And to ask me once again if he can 'kidnap' me...ie -- go out with me and/or me and Phrecklette. I put him off once more by stating that I don't know him very well and I don't go out with people I don't know. It's getting harder to put this guy off, because he is becoming more insistent -- ie, he's bringing it up more and more often. Christ.

Whilst at the store gathering ice cream and tortilla chips for the Oscar Night binge, I see my dad and Phrecklette. He hands Phrecklette off to me and we go home. Phrecklette hops in the tub. She goes to bed at 7pm tonight, instead of 8pm. But, hey, she's happy about it and so am I, so how is that a problem? It's not...and the Oscars start at 8pm.

Soooo I commence my feast and watch the Oscars. The coolest moment was when Beyonce sang that French song -- her technique, range, and talent made me want to take voice again with Alexandra. It was sooooooo magnificent. Her trills were perfect and she had absolute control over her voice. Amazing.

So I watched the Princess Diaries, Royal Engagement. Great movie, but it made me feel mui lonely because...well...because I was alone. I reflected on the fact that, more than anything, with BF or anyone, I am afraid to let myself really 'fall' in love with anyone. Because I am going to get hurt, and man you sure are opening yourself up. My relationship with B did nothing to help with this problem...actually, did I really have this problem prior to my involvement with B? Not sure.

Am beginning to think that BF really is a guy who is just fine and I am the problem. He seems to want the best for me...to work on my problems alone and face my life. Maybe I really have a hard time listening to him simply because he is male and I have always had a hard time listening to men.

I eat way too much whilst watching TV and am so incredibly bloated that I try to get myself to vomit a little to ease the damn pressure. Well that doesn't work, because there's nothing in my pouch. By the time I get to my bed around 11pm, I am almost comatose lol.

No comments: