Wednesday, February 23, 2005

So BOARD....

I belong to something like 12 different groups on Yahoo. Love it. Gives me something to do when I have run out of work. Or when the work I have could be completed in 5 minutes and it's incredibly boring work to begin with. So let's see what the topic du jour is on each board....

Mary Kay Tools -- Unit names. Actually, it's tax season. Guess no one's paying attention to my Unit Name email -- the one that asked if I should call my unit Nelson's No-Getters. :)

Interior Decorating -- I think I shouldn't have joined this board. My passion is Shabby Chic, not someone's Decorating Cents ideas of how they can get that Asian look with bamboo placemats tacked onto their walls.

Infidelity Survivors -- That pregnant woman that got murdered by her conniving, evil Married Man in Texas. Did she deserve it...and do the OWs (other women) of the board members' husbands deserve death? Consensus is no, they dont, but that doesn't mean that the majority of the board members don't wish it on them. Still waiting for the Board Oracle-in-Residence, wife of a wealthy attorney, to chime in. It's amazing how many of these women are stay at home moms or wives of professionals.

Posted to the resident computer expert about how can I find out more about Mr. Wrong (Brandon), the Internet Creep. All I have are his cell ph#, several yahoo IDs, several AOL IDs and email addresses, his first and last name, and the name of the town he lives in. Plus the names and ages of his two children and their mom's first name. Plus his siblings' names, parents' names, names of some of his siblings' children, occupation of one of his sisters....but none of these pieces of information can really lead to anything. I don't think he gave me his real last name, either. More on my theories about Mr. Wrong later.

Bankruptcy Talk
-- much talk is going around about the bankruptcy 'reform' act. Folks, this should not be passed. If this is passed, average Joes are going to be hurt. 50% of folks who file for BK do so because of medical bills. I am not one of these; I filed after my divorce. But basically this is being done by credit card companies and lenders...and the really big lenders and credit card issuers are the ones that are predatory, ie MBNA, Capital One, and I forget who else. Those are a couple of the big ones.

You may ask why this is happening -- well it's because bankruptcy is no longer the financial death it used to be. You can get credit after bankruptcy. You can get a *house* after a bankruptcy, if you stay on top of your payments and all.

Bottom line, the jerks like Ms. Whackjob (who filed BK after running up her credit card bills, getting whatever she wanted, and having expensive cosmetic surgery) who use BK as a financial planning tool, are ruining it for people like me, who find themselves divorced with a shitty car, no resources, and having to do serious adjustment to live on their own income, having never lived by themselves before in their lives. Oh yeah, and no financial tutelage growing up either. Mom and Dad stillllllllll rent.

Shabby Chic -- Old Green Enamel paint color by Martha Stewart. I think I am going to go get that 40's-looking dresser that I saw at the St. Vincent de Paul thrift store the other day. It's only $20 and the mirror comes with it. Well made and solid, finishes on it aren't too bad. Just needs a little TLC and I bet I can do it.

No comments: