Thursday, February 24, 2005

Thursday is Lunch with La Buddha Day
Not to mention taco salad day. Man that was awesome.

La Buddha and I had a good lunch. She encouraged me to fill up my spare time with volunteer work. See why this woman is good for me?

She did profess disappointment that I had ever spoken to BF again after what happened that night, and I can understand why. Man, she would be seriously ticked if she knew I was still seeing him here and there. I'm pretty sure she would write me off as toxic.

Is La Buddha a friend? No, she is not. Is that bad? No, it is not. La Buddha is a life coach, a mentor. We like each other as people, but we are not friends, per say. We do not 'hang out' together. I don't see La Buddha's 'at-rest' personality...I see her business persona. When she is with me, she is not the same person that she is with her true friends.

La Buddha has the life that I would like to have, except for a couple of things. I would like to have children. A couple of them, to be exact. La Buddha is very career-oriented. I'm not. I am very family-oriented. I asked her once why she never had children. She said, because I wanted certain things out of life, and I knew I would not get those things if I had children. Good for you.

But that's not for me. I do want a family. But I also want to travel and learn and all those things, and I think that I can have those things, even if I do have a family. Why not? They can't come along?

That's part of the reason that BF thinks I should not associate with La Buddha -- because her goals in life are different than mine. But I disagree. La Buddha is not trying to get me to espouse her goals; she's helping me to figure out my goals and figure out how to get there. And she's been very successful with that. Bottom line is that La Buddha doesn't do any harm to my life -- she helps enrich my life.

I can't say that for BF, on the other hand. He has very much harmed my life in the past.

He charmed me into trusting him, then when I was about to let myself fall the rest of the way, I found out that he cheated on me with Ms. Whackjob. That was seriously harmful.

The worst la Buddha has ever done is gotten pissed at me for letting my car get repo'd. But that really is the worst. That's not nearly as much as BF hurt me. So who's more toxic? The answer is not la Buddha.

Volunteering
So I went to United Way's website and got a list of things I can volunteer for. :) I'm kind of excited about really looking through it and doing some work. Getting out there and meeting new people. la Buddha knows that that is definitely something I need to do.

No comments: