Monday, February 21, 2005

8/10/2004
I finally pin Brandon down 3 days before he's supposed to be here...and no, he's not coming...he doesn't 'love' me anymore, etc. I tell him goodbye and try to put him out of my mind as I build a relationship with my new BF.

But BF isn't doing so hot either...he's in AA yet still drinking...eventually, he 'realizes' that he's not an alcoholic after all. Wow. What a revelation. How I wish I could believe it were true.

8/12/2004
After I've observed more going wrong with my family, my therapist uses my reports (with my permission) to call CPS yet again. I observed when I came over one night that Phrecklette had red marks all over her butt.

8/31/2004
Brandon had made contact with me again, and we supposedly were working things out. Whatever. We 'break up' again. By this time, it has little effect on me at all.

9/17/2004
I go up to St. Paul to visit JoAnn. CPS picks Phrecklette up and places her in foster care.
By this time, I've gained about 30 pounds. Best friend notices that my wrists are not as thin as they were when I had seen her in June.

9/19/2004
I leave St. Paul for home, after finding out that CPS has picked Phrecklette up from the home. I call her CPS caseworker from my best friend's kitchen in St. Paul and volunteer for placement.

9/20/2004
I take the necessary steps to have Phrecklette placed with me. A home inspection is scheduled for that day with the caseworker, who doesn't show up.

9/21/2004
We reschedule the home visit for that evening after I get home from work. Well she doesn't just do the home visit, she brings Phrecklette with her. I felt my heart leap in my chest to see my baby again and to be her mommy again. Off we go to get a bed for Phrecklette to sleep in.

9/22/2004
Phrecklette starts HeadStart today.

November 2004
HeadStart closes down for about 2 weeks. That didn't work for me, so we switched to LaPetite Academy. Much better place for my munchkin. :)

No comments: