Thursday, February 24, 2005

Ok so I thought I could stand BF but now he's getting on my nerves
He is trying to tell me I should get rid of la Buddha again. So tired of people thinking they can run my life. I really put myself in this position by asking everyone and their brother for advice when I was feeling pretty down on myself (course, who's saying I have great self-esteem to begin with?). So now all these people think they can weigh in on my life and if I don't take their advice, they get pissed.

Now I am not known for making great decisions, and my track record really calls my judgment into question, so I can see why so many people feel compelled to 'take care of me'. But now I want to break away from that...I want to make decisions for myself.

Can anyone tell me that this scenario has ever actually worked to modify someone's behavior? Friend A talks to Friend B about a problem she has. Friend B offers advice, knowing Friend A tends to make the wrong decision. A decides to go her own way and not take B's advice. Now B is pissed. But does B being pissed make A change her tune next time? No, it doesn't. It makes A learn that she shouldn't tell B about her troubles, because if she doesn't take B's advice, then B will just get pissed, which will cause yet another problem for A to contend with.

BF Also Thinks the Blog is Stupid
BF also thinks my blog is a bad idea. I disagree. I've code-worded the name of all my friends -- the only person who wasn't code-worded was Mr. Wrong...and he is not even in the same state as I or my friends and relatives. So I can be as frank as I want and not really worry.

After today, it looks like BF may become history. Stay tuned...

No comments: