Friday, October 27, 2006

When Your Company Gets Sold...

...people get antsy.

ABC Nuts and Bolts was sold recently to an investment firm or something (I'm a little person and I don't really get it) that has a rep for trimming the fat and then reselling companies.

Anyway, they've already started trimming the fat by taking a hatchet to our benefits. The good insurance option that you could pay a little more for is gone altogether. Now there's just the shit option.

But hey, I should be thankful I'm not in production. They didn't just take a hatchet to their benefits, they used a guillotine on those. The lowest echelon of our company, the production people, no longer have health insurance, thank you very much.

And so it shouldn't have been surprising to find a resume from one of the sales guys in with my PowerPoints this morning. Looks like Peanut Butter's going to try and jump ship. Not a big loss in my opinion. His corporate Amex is completely FUBAR'd and he's just been dissatisfied all along. Let's put it this way - they give available offices to the guys who sell really well and after almost two years, no office for Peanut Butter, though he did try to have a tantrum.

And I do mean 'try'. Napoleon doesn't put up with tantrums. He deals with them via employment termination. The key thing to remember in his department is this: YOU ARE REPLACEABLE. EASILY.

Malignant Presence, my new name for Twiggy, is on vacation today. Even though I have extra work, I don't care, because it's such a relief not to have her around. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of Corporate America. I so sympathize with your rant! Been there...done that. Decided to go back to be working for a small company. My bosses are great. I work remotely from home.

Not meaning to gloat but if there was any way I could provide this to every household...I would.

Flyinfox_SATX

Secretary said...

I know what you mean. Gloat all you want. :)