Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween

Happy Halloween to my dear, few readers. :)

Munchkin is going as Peter Pan, a fact which I relayed to my sister on Sunday.

"You mean you're dressing my kid in DRAG for Halloween?"

Yes indeedy, oh ye who hath no clue what it really is to be a parent. She has completely morphed into Disneyland mom. Well, that's what over two years of having your kid in foster care will do to you.

After that, she went back to trying to make her kid fit in the mold she has picked out for her. Good luck.

Part of me loves it when my family reaffirms for me that they cannot raise this child. I could see the frustration building as my sister tried and tried to make D obey simply by sheer strength of her voice. That never works with D.

January can't come soon enough. I just need closure and so does D, whether God has reunification planned for her or adoption planned for her. I'm glad it's not my decision.

No comments: