Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Office Lesson #3: Don't Lose Receipts

But if you do, call the establishment and ask if they can please send you a copy.

If the person answering the phone tells you that the owners are out of the country and he doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to 'the computer', then just say that if you don't get the receipt, you're going to be very loathe to order catering from them again. Hopefully this is an establishment that you use a lot and hopefully they are a new restaurant that needs your business, so your threat will carry some weight.

HELLO! Business can't stop because the owner went out of the country and you're too stupid to own a computer, people! Tough sh*t.

Man, I wish I hadn't lost that receipt. I don't like being nasty to people anymore, but I can be imperious when I need to. I just don't like doing it, where I used to absolutely relish it. Back when I was a total b*tch (read: not in recovery), I'd consider cowing a restaurant employee to be a job well done and all in a day's work. Now I just feel like an a$$.

No comments: