Friday, October 06, 2006

What a Mess

OK things are really sucking around here. First, Niece gets kicked out of kindergarten. Then I find a daycare that has room for her, but she assaults the teachers, so they're pissed. That was yesterday. But they were willing to give her another shot today. However, Niece won't be going to daycare today because she has a 100 degree fever and an earache.
 
So let's see...how much work have I missed so far?
 
Monday...I was sick. No work that day. -8 hours.
 
Tuesday...back at work...school calls at about 9:30 am to report that I need to pick up Niece. I return to work around 11:30 am, after dropping her off in Blair. I have to leave at 4:30pm though, because my sitter can only watch her till 5pm. -2 hours (I skip lunch)
 
Wednesday...back at work...ONE full day! YAY!
 
Thursday...Niece starts daycare. Daycare calls me at 3pm to pick her up. -2.5 hours.
 
Friday...Niece has temperature/earache...I'm screwed...backup daycare is available starting at 12:30. -3 hours
 
Hours available: 40
Hours missed: 13
Percentage worked: 68%
Likelihood that I will receive a warning in the near future, though I am trying with all my might to be at work and do a great job: 85%
Likelihood that I will be fired this year: 80%
 
I guess I don't need a boyfriend to sate any libido that I may or may not have. Looks like it's 80% certain that I'm going to get screwed anyway.
 
You know...it's not that Napoleon is a jerk. It's not that at all. It is that Napoleon is business-minded and they need someone in my position that can be there consistently. Better polish the resume.
 

No comments: