Monday, October 16, 2006

Poem

Ever heard that song by Taproot, Poem? Great song. Anyway, on with my meager writing talents…if they can be called that.

So is poetry good if you can understand it or is it better if it's mysterious and you don't quite get it? I don't know.

My Stab at Poetry
I love you.
I loathe you.
You're thoughtless.
Yet you make me high.

The antithesis of the pint,
But still the same effect.
I embrace you
And fear your nuances.

Ruination.
Destruction.
Abdication of duty.
I daren't point
At you.
That's powerlessness.

Pointing at me
Are my foolishness's
Results.

Ah, addiction!
Many forms, yet all the same
In their work.
This might be better
If it rhymed.]

I love you.
You're a substance.
In non-substance form.
I want to be fixed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of wish I would know you a bit better. I feel kinda helpless here that I can't help you.

I don't know...I just wish I could.

Flyinfox_SATX

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I get codependent sometimes too. Don't worry, self-homicide is not in my future. :)