Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thursday Update
Phrecklette had her appt with the psychiatrist yesterday, who detected that she could have some speech problems. I'll be calling the public school people to get that worked on.

Picking Phrecklette up from la Petite yesterday at naptime was awesome. There she was, all snuggled up in her blankie that I made for her, and there was classical music playing and it was just serene. All these little children and babies snuggled up sleeping. Wow, how peaceful.

Last night BF came over and things were good. Not going any further than that.

Today has started out ok. I woke up with Phrecklette in my bed, unexpectedly. That was ok, but she was going off about how I'm not the boss of her and she really didn't want to do a damn thing I said. But we managed to get off to school and to work, and I managed to be on time again. So that was good.

I was helping Adminzilla with something - some firedrill for the COO - today and she pissed me off royally. I was telling her how to do something and she goes, I really don't appreciate the way you're talking to me here Sheila. It's very degrading. At first I didn't know what to say. I vacillated between telling her to bloody figure it out herself and phuck off, and taking her head off. I finally dropped the pen I was holding on her desk after I collected my thoughts and I just said, "Don't you ever talk to me like that again. I didn't say one damn degrading thing and it's very offensive that you would ever think that about me." And man she apologized right then and there and is now feeling guilty. She actually gets embarrassed because she doesn't know every bloody thing there is to know about PowerPoint. I tried to tell her that there is no reason to be embarrassed, that her computer skills are about 10x better than her boss's anyway, and that we are all learning here.

There's no reason to be embarrassed about not knowing how to do something on the computer -- no one knows how to do things until someone teaches them. After all, it's not moral turpitude or something that has caused you to not know something. No one knows everything.

In any case, she apologized up and down for it and I accepted her apology. After all, we all know that her self esteem is in the shitter because some creep destroyed it. I'm not sure if she's in counseling or not, but it wouldn't hurt.

So many people are get themselves all confused and worked up because they're afraid of what other people will think. I do it too. Well we need to stop. Pick what personality characteristic is really important to you to work on projecting, and don't stress about the rest. Try to know that it will all come together one day and that you are a work in progress.

As I am feeling charitable today, I have decided not to be gossipy and to keep this to myself. After all, she did make satisfactory amends, so it seems really terrible to vent this to anyone in the office, although it still bothers me. Well today is lunch with la Buddha, so I will just vent to her. But I don't want to hurt Adminzilla's reputation.

Quote of the Day
How do your current goals help you with your OVERALL vision of life? Do you have
a vision? If not, simply take time this evening to dream about how you want your
life to be. Then, come up with 5 specific goals that will help your vision
become true.


Interpretation of Quote

No comments: