Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007

Christmas Eve was frickin awesome. I will really cherish this memory forever. I have decided to start a new tagged section of my blog, called Awesome Freakin Memories. This will be the inaugural post.

I had to fight some depression on Christmas Eve as the Mackistani was gleefully planning to leave for Florida on 12/26 to play professional tennis for a little while until he's forced to find employment again. But I did manage to fight it off.

And so, I picked up my little blossom from school on Christmas Eve, and we were off to our apartment. Having arrived there, we proceeded to eat something for dinner, but I don't remember what. Dedee wasn't too off her rocker, having spent the whole day at Behave'n having her behavior corrected. :)

After dinner, it was time to find something to do besides watch TV. So, I thought, what should we do? Well, first we wrapped the snowflake ornament that Dedee painted for her *real* Mommy. I tried to teach her something about wrapping stuff. We did a good job. Dedee wrote on the gift tag. To 'Momy' from 'Dedee'. LOL. Yes, she used her new nick. hehehehehehe.

Next up, trying to pass some more time, I thought, hmm, what should we do? Well, Dedee is only seven, so she is still innocent. I love answering her questions about Santa. I have an answer for every question.

'How will Santa get into our apartment?'
  • A: I will leave the patio door unlocked. The reindeer will hang out on the roof.
'How will Santa know where I am?'
  • A: Well, you sent him a letter, right? And didn't we just see him at that party last Saturday?
I forget what else she asked. I should have started this chain of posts long ago. Because she says innocent stuff like this every day!

Anyway, so we decided to track Santa on NORAD's site. Awesome! She loved it and believed every word.

Then we tried to watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on YouTube and also Frosty the Snowman. That went well also.

Then it was time for bed and Dedee was tempted to be naughty, but I reminded her that Santa is stillllll watching. Worked like a charm. Anti-psychotics and melatonin taken, Dedee curled right up for bed. And stayed put.

1 comment:

Deech said...

Isn't that Norad Santa Site awesome? Yeah it worked for me too!

Flyinfox_SATX