Wednesday, January 23, 2008

So Many SPECIAL People

You would not believe how many special people there are here at ABC Nuts and Bolts. First off, there are VPs around every frickin corner. Considering how many there are, if I were a VP, I would be fearing for my job. Or plotting the demise of the others. Take your pick.

And, apparently, every VP needs to have a parking space in the heated garage. Sales has about 13 of those. I support three of those ten folks. Yay for me!

And yet, even though I support three of those folks, I hardly ever get to park in the garage. I have to make sure I get here EARLY in order to make my claim lest someone else snag my spot!

And the 'special' epidemic isn't just at the corporate headquarters building. It's also at the crappy buildings. I was just over at the crappiest of them all yesterday. And I'm trying to find a place to park and sure enough, there was one visitor spot, 2 handicapped spots, and all the other good spots were RESERVED!  IE -- Vice President parking!!! God, how many can there be? Enough to populate a small town? People, a recession is coming, may have already hit -- and these folks will start finding out how 'special' they are when the Company starts deciding how they can prop up profits.

Just TRY arriving late and finding a decent parking spot in the morning here at the Corporate Headquarters. Try it more than once! You will soon find that if you judged this company's goodwill toward its employees by the number of available desireable parking spots, you would judge that goodwill to be non-existent. And now they're even leasing out their non-heated garage spaces to surrounding companies! Boy that sure was irritating one day when I was late and looking for parking. The non-heated garage was just about full!! FULL!!!

No comments: