Friday, January 11, 2008

Raise Your Hand...If You Think That Ebay is Like Gambling

Selling stuff on eBay is a ton of fun. If people buy your shiznit, and if they don't leave negative marks and stuff. That would be annoying.

But let me tell you, it is so much fun to run a 7-day auction and to watch interest build as the expiration date gets nearer.

Some well meaning person who lives in a parallel universe gave me a $50.00 Borders gift card for Christmas. This guy is SUCH a nice guy, I love working for him. I am so grateful that he thought of me.

But, as the Mack says, UNfortunatelyyyyyyy, I have all the books and CDs that I could ever want and am in fact contemplating selling them on eBay. So I am selling the gift card on eBay.

Now this is the most expensive thing I've sold on eBay so far. Therefore, I have been watching it like a hawk.

No interest for like five days of the auction!!! WTF? Tension mounting, I changed the starting bid by $4 lower.

Watch some more.

Day six - a watcher!

Day six and a half - two watchers!

Six hours left -- five watchers!!!!

This can be addictive. I'm checking this stuff all the time now!

I'm serious, it's like gambling. I actually saw one gift card auction where the winning bidder outbid all the others -- and paid more than the value of the giftcard! See what I mean?

2 comments:

Deech said...

I have tons of stuff I need to sell on Ebay. I have to learn how to do this....

Flyinfox_SATX

Secretary said...

people are actually interested in my used clothes too...my suits anyway. my research shows that people will buy stuff that's expensive originally...like suit jackets. even if it's used. One person bid on the black jacket I put up today and someone is watching my corduroy one! Wow! I can't believe people want this stuff! :)