Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's Britney, B*tch

This morning I had a client visit. I am extremely irritable this morning, despite going to bed early and taking a Tylenol to boot. Two in fact, which is enough to give me a buzz, frankly.

So of course I'm running late as can be and hoping against hope the clients will not be early. I'm trying to hurry my little blossom along, but let me tell you something about my little blossom - she has a will of steel and she will not be moved any faster than she intends to move, unless you are offering either candy or money. A has caught onto this, which is why he frequently offers her either candy or money to get her to be quiet, stop fighting, or whatever else he wants her to do.

I finally drop off the little one and I'm irritated but proud of her that she is so good at taking care of herself, because that little thing bundled right up this morning in a coat and mittens though it's only raining. :) So cute.

Moving on, I arrive at work at about 8:10. The clients arrive right as I do and they are not due here until 8:30. Crazy b*st*rds. So I hurry into the EBC, oversized shoes flopping around and pants falling into said shoes, and get right to work. Thank God I had ordered catering from the Café guy, otherwise I'd have been SO screwed. I hurry up, put out the glasses, pop, and water, and hightail it outta there. My heart is beating really fast and I am super-stressed and cursing at everything.

While I walk out of the Field of Dreams conference room, I see the gent whose client visit this is walking in, and he looks at me in amazement, "Secretary, you're…here. I didn't think you were here.'

I am so serene and smile and say, 'Of course I'm here, silly,' and keep walking. I am the picture of confidence.

So as I'm walking out of the Field of Dreams lobby, Twiggy is walking in and she looks at me and goes, 'Oh. You're here. Everything's set up?'

'Yep, we're good to go,' and here's the kicker, 'I tried to call upstairs to let someone know that I'm here but I got the voicemail, otherwise I'd have let you know that all is well.' IE it's nearly 8:30 and you haven't turned that off yet? HA! Gotcha!

Well, you know I really miss Twiggy when she's not here, because then I have to answer her flipping phone. And can't get a damn thing done. Oh, wait, like right now,because she IS here, but she is yapping, so I am stuck with her phone. And it's ringing again. Fizzuck.

No comments: