Thursday, September 06, 2007

Bariatric Surgery is a Gamble

Today is the Sales and Marketing golf outing. Everyone has gone except for me and Supervisor. Supervisor is going out there in the afternoon to have lunch and watch the awards ceremony. Executive Assistant has my camera so she can take pictures of everyone getting drunk and Napoleon's loser face. This year, he resorted to finding out what everyone's handicap is so he could pick his team. He never wins though. Doesn't even get second place usually. He's totally cheating. But I think he might be mellowing a little bit, because yesterday he said, "I may be cheating but at least I admit it when I cheat.'

Yeah, everyone is pretty much feeling sorry for you now, Napoleon. Actually, it really stokes the competitive fire of the Directors. They just want to beat him that much more badly. I know the King certainly does.

Anyway, moving on…I think I have mentioned in this blog that two of my friends had gastric bypass surgery and one had a tummy tuck afterward. We'll call her TummyTuck.

So TummyTuck was the larger of the two of my friends and that's why she needed the TummyTuck - excess skin. She also has ginormous boobs. She has slowly been gaining her weight back. I once suggested OA to her but no dice, she was *not* interested. Well hey that's ok, it's not for everyone.

TummyTuck manages our travel department and they work extremely hard. She hired a new person who will work in Manila, Philippines and she starts Monday. TummyTuck is one of the most thoughtful people I know and she wanted to send her new hire some ABC Nuts and Bolts Company stuff. So she stopped up to see what's in the Marketing prize closet.

It's unfortunate, but it's obvious that TummyTuck has gained some more weight. She is on her way back to point A from point B. It's too bad, not for me, because I will like her no matter what, but for her, because I know how she will feel when she gets back to point A again…worthless. I just hope she can arrest her disease and avoid getting all the way back to point A. OA definitely arrested my journey back to point A (369 pounds). Thank God.

Bariatric surgery is always a gamble…it may work for a time, but once the malabsorption wears off, then you will have to work pretty hard at staying put. Which is not easy when you have a disease that you are not getting treated, IE compulsive eating.

2 comments:

Deech said...

I agree with you in that it is a disease and people should be at least concious of it. It is a shame that she will feel worthless...she shouldn't but I know what you mean.

And, I have never heard the word "Ginormous" ever used to describe boobs before...What is that like? 38HHH or what?

Secretary said...

basically it's like when someone's boobs are too big for their frame.