Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Suitable

Well I have worked here now for three years. It'll be four in January. All I can think about it one more week of vacation. If I don't get laid off next year or if I don't get fired. One more week of vacation.

So I've worked up here with the executives, the myriad VPs, Directors, EVPs, SVPs, COOs, CEOs, Chief Counsel, you name it, for almost four years.

And I just bought my first matching suit, top to bottom, about two weeks ago. I actually feel like a professional, if not a ginormous purple people eater. I can't believe how much thinner this thing makes me look. I think my family might swoon if they saw me dressed like this.

I mean, I feel like I kinda fit in now. I'm even better dressed today than Malignant Presence aka Twiggy. And that's really something. She's usually dressed perfectly. Napoleon's complimented her on it many, many times. But over the years, she's gotten a little more broad in the beam, so her little suits and stuff don't fit, I guess. I wonder why I can relate to that...hmmmmmm.

I resisted dressing better for so long and now it actually feels pretty good. It's a bit surprising.

No comments: