Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mr. Spice

I don't think I've written about this guy before. I never had much business with him when he was in this department, and virtually nothing since he was moved out of this department. Probably the most memorable thing about him was that he was perpetually in a bad mood. When I was new here, I did a client visit for him in a different building, and he complained to my supervisor because I had forgotten to put out coasters. Coasters! Well, today was a reminder that everyone gets their just desserts.

I saw him in the lunchroom today and I was reminded how much things can really suck for people not working in the sales department.

 
Hey there, how's it going?

Fine, how are you S?

Oh good. So are you happy now that you're out of sales? I thought the answer would be yes.

Let's see. I work twice as hard and get paid half as much, and I have to worry about getting fired every f*ckin day. Yes, I like it.

Oh dear. I think people not in sales don't get paid quite as much. A friend of mine is leaving the company over it - she supports about 300 people, supervises two employees, and they won't give her a raise. She also gets paid less than I do. Much less. There are some drawbacks to working in the Sales department, but salary is not one of them.

No comments: