Monday, March 24, 2008

Update -- Mackistani

Some taxi driver on St. Patrick's Day asked the Mack if he was Irish.
 
The Mack has a habit of calling my friend Lachelle 'Lachanda Williams' for some reason.
 
So Lachelle wanted to give the Mack an Irish nickname.
 
Hmmmm...Irish and Muslim, Irish and Muslim...
 
The Mack's real first name is Aamer. You pronounce it like this "ahhh-mur" First syllable is stressed.
 
So I got a nickname for him...
 
Ready for this?
 
It's genius!!
 
'Aamer McBomber'!!!!!!
 
Mack laughed so hard at that. But he told me I couldn't tell anyone. Ok I won't. So then I told my friend Cecilia, Lachelle, and now you. LOL. Man I am horrible!
 
In other news, Mack got a job working at an outdoor clothing company up in Maine. I guess he's going to get paid a lot. Yay! He left on Sunday and I was really sad about that. Right now I am so busy packing that I haven't got time for the pain (thanks Carly!). He will visit us once a month. I personally think he should be able to do twice a month, but whatever.
 
Dee's behaviors are up right now as a result of his departure. I am sure that is a large part of why she is behaving so terribly. He has become important to her. I thought I was going to have to do a therapeutic hold last night. She will calm down soon, I am hoping. It greatly irritates me that Mack doesn't understand that her behaviors do become worse when he leaves. But then I have a hard time dealing with it too. I think Dee and I both have some anger about it. We're not necessarily ticked at him, but at the situation. Though I admit I do have some resentment about it. Oh well.

1 comment:

Deech said...

I am so happy for you, you can't even know. Glad to see things are moving forward with you and the Mackistani!

You Rock!

Flyinfox_SATX