Monday, March 03, 2008

I Think He's the One

Now if I write this we will break up. Ugh. But it's just too warm and fuzzy not to post this!!!!!
 
So on Sunday we had yuck-a-riffic weather. Sleet turning into ice and it was seriously cold my friend. We stayed home almost all day but the Mack had a huge bag, a yellow bag rivalling Santa's on Christmas Eve, of yucky dirty clothes. Well, rewind that. How dirty can they be? He's a geek. Plus he's Muslim. So, not that dirty.
 
Anyhoo! It is nice to be able to walk into the closet again. I'm pretty excited about that!
 
THE POINT is that he had to take his stuff to the laundromat last night.  So before he leaves, he tells Dee for some unknown reason that he will bring her back some candy and put it on the coffee table for her to devour in the morning. Which she definitely did, as she proudly displayed the last remaining almond from her chocolate bar to me this morning.
 
So off he goes to the laundromat. Meanwhile, I putz around the house, drink a margarita, try to get happy, lol, you know the drill.
 
He returns around 10pm, steps in the door, and exclaims that, 'Sh*t, I forgot her candy.'
 
'Uh oh. What are you going to do? You promised.'
 
'I will just walk down to the gas station and get one for her.'
 
'Ok babe.' :)
 
So off he goes out into the cold to WALK down to the gas station that's two blocks away. Imagine that, WALKING somewhere. Wow! Even Dee couldn't wrap her head around that idea just last Tuesday when the Mack had me drop them at the gas station so I could hurry up and go get my hair done. He needed to get something and just had me drop them there. More on that later. :)
 
So the Mack finally comes back and I'm like, 'How did it go honey?'
 
And he's like, 'Why didn't you REMIND me to get the candy bar or something? The gas station was closed. I walked there and then had to walk back and get my car and go somewhere else!'
 
I then gently say, 'I didn't remind you because it was your idea in the first place darling.'
 
Then he produces an extra candy bar and offers it to me. Of course I decline. So then he jokingly comes up with the lovely imaginative idea that I could try sticking it in my a$$. To which I reply, "Oh honey, I could never do something so wasteful with an item that you went through so much hardship to attain." And then we both laughed. A lot.
 
So the point of this long-a$$ post is that he went through h*ll (relatively) and high water (metaphorically) to keep his word to this little girl who's been disappointed so much! Can you believe that?!!!!
 
Ok he is definitely the one. I want to marry this guy, convert to Islam, whatever, and have like many children with him. Plus I want to do his laundry for him and wait on him hand and foot because he is the ONE and he loves me and my not-so-lovable-at-first daughter!!!!! I don't care if his first gift to me ever was mouthwash and Summer's Eve!!!!

No comments: