Tuesday, December 09, 2008

First Tuesday of Joblessness

Here we are on Tuesday. This is like a never-ending vacation.

Yesterday I worked around the house and took care of stuff left and right. I did tons of laundry, cleaned out my closet, made up bags for donation to Goodwill and kept some items I think I can sell for a couple bucks on eBay. The little one was home sick yesterday so that was fun. She was barfing left and right. No barf today though!

I was looking forward to being home alone today, but no dice. Now Mack is working from home today. I was hoping to just hang out by myself. That would have been nice.

Tonight we are celebrating Eid over at my friend Bouchra's house. We are bringing goat curry, Irish soda bread, and rotis. Guess who's cooking all that stuff? Yes, that's me. This is quite a change from my previous life, where no one wanted to eat anything I cooked lol. I'm looking forward to interaction with people outside of my immediate family. :)

Napoleon said yesterday that he would accept my resignation, so that was good. Hopefully this means I'll receive payment for my unused vacation time.

Well I'd better get this party started. Who knew that , even while unemployed, one can still be quite busy? I have food to make and more laundry to do and get caught up on.

No comments: