Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's Time to Blog

I have this very, very, very dear friend of mine, we'll call him Rico Suave, which is actually what he named himself for purposes of referral in this blog. And he said to me one day, 'I hope you never post about me in your blog, because if you do, it'll mean that I've screwed up big time.' That is very accurate. Most of what I post here is a big fat whine. It's a place to vent and get over stuff.

Yes, I have almost 30 things on my to-do list (but many are crossed offfffff). Yes, I barely have time to breathe and don't  know how I'm going to find time to do expenses today, even though they desperately need doing.

But I need to vent because I am taking people's heads off.

I have five or six client visits these three days, including today. All of them have printing/binding needs, many of them have meals involved.

But ONE director is driving me nuts in particular. He has a client visit tomorrow and it's in another building.

And he wants me to actually transport china and silverware over to this building. I feel a bit like a putz, because after I initially responded to his query with, 'Are you kidding?', I caved. Never mind that it's going to be f*ckin hotter than a popcorn fart tomorrow, never mind that I have a lot of other more important stuff to do, and who cares that it might break along the frickin way and then must be transported back here dirty?!!! What a flippin prima donna!

Of course I caved.

Administrative assistant is a fancy f*ckin word for, 'Not allowed to say no.' He said he would carry the damn plates. You wouldn't believe the stuff that's come out of Supervisor's mouth before, like for example, 'Sure, you can go ahead and complain. Just make sure no one hears you.' 'Just say yes and thank you, then go somewhere else and complain.' So the image of the administrative staff is that of people who'll do anything you say.

We're so PLEASANT to work with because we never point out how stupid or wasteful your dumb a$$ is. We just say yes.

Today I hate my job. Yesterday I was happy with it. Tomorrow will be better. I just need to keep myself from making my feelings into the problem of others. *I* need to deal with them.

Honestly, I think I just feel really angry right now and I'm pretty sure it's not really because of my job. I think it has more to do with my home life. My little blossom had violent fits on Thursday and Friday and I think I'm still ticked off about it. I mean, I accept that this is just who she is, but I haven't really decompressed from it yet. I've just been maintaining, really. Just been suriving. I didn't really deal with it, I just got through it. I didn't even really cry over it. I have to admit, I didn't like being kicked in the face twice. I didn't like being slapped and bitten on the arm. At least she didn't do it like she meant it. No damage.

I wanted to beat the living sh*t out of her, which I of course would not even consider actually doing, and I didn’t appreciate it that the chick from Bschool seemed to disapprove that after taking a second round of blows to the face, I stepped out of D's room and screamed my guts out because I was upset. I'm so sick of being judged by people who AREN'T EVEN RAISING CHILDREN, let alone a child with REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDER, let alone DOING IT BY THEMSELVES. I don't see what the problem with my course of action was. I'm terribly sorry that my six year old terrorist actually heard that, yes, kicking someone does indeed hurt their feelings and tick them off. Imagine that.

God I need a nap.

No comments: