Tuesday, June 05, 2007

High Maintenance

It's hard to believe but our department is so high-maintenance that tech support has an eternally open ticket that calls for them to come up here and check with us once a week to find out if we need anything. The tech guys come upstairs and shoot the proverbial crap with me for a while, then they leave. One of them sometimes leaves me 'Jesus money'. It's a fake dollar bill that says it's a 50 or 100, and when you pick it up and turn it over, it says something about, 'You'd be a lot happier with eternal life, wouldn't you?' I don't know…would eternal life make me this tired?

I guess this sort of dovetails with the guy who called me into this office this morning because he couldn't figure out why, when he clicked on one email, several were selected. He spent twenty minutes trying to figure it out. So I went in there and hit the shift key and it was fixed. I laughed so hard on my way out of that office. No, no, I wasn't cruel, he was laughing too, and then the big kahuna who sits next to his office also started laughing. Classic. :)

I haven't posted much here lately. Everything is going really well, including work. It's busy around here with Supervisor on vacation. This is her last week of vacation. God, if she ever retires, I'm quitting. The way things look, I might quit earlier. But she's only got two more years, and next year I'll have another week of vacation. Hmmm…that presents a problem. How can I leave three weeks of vacation?

D and I have family therapy tonight. I'm so tired, even though I got plenty of sleep last night, that I wish we could just skip it. Also, I will probably have to play dress-up. I hope this doesn't suck big time.

Right now life is good. D is improving all the time, and my life seems too juicy for containment right now. I have too many choices. School looms in the distance as a ginormous sucker of free time. Sometimes I think, why the heck am I doing this to myself? As it gets closer, I get a little more fearful.

Ok, back to work. Y'all have a nice day now. :)

1 comment:

Deech said...

Hmmmm, I guess I am glad to see you smiling. Even all the way from here....

Flyinfox_SATX