Monday, January 15, 2007

Now That There's an End in Sight...

I can't wait to get away from Malignant Presence.

She annoys the heck out of me, butts her head in where it doesn't belong, and gossips about every bloody thing she can.

It really bothers me that she checks with me to see if I've done my job. Who is she to do so? She's not a supervisor, she's basically no one. Today, she checked with me to see if I've ordered food for a client visit taking place tomorrow. I hadn't yet, but had planned to do so. Those client visits get cancelled so often that it usually doesn't pay to work on them too far ahead, unless there's printing and binding involved.

But, honestly, what's really bothering me here?

Does it really bother me that she's checking on my work when it's none of her business? Or does it bother me that I did in fact wait too long to order that stuff? Does it bother me that I have presented the kind of image that says, "I need to be babysat because I am not very dedicated to this job"?

It's probably a mix of both, but the latter is the worse of the two.

You may wonder what the end in sight is…I will explain later :)

No comments: