Friday, December 01, 2006

What is my Idea of Happiness?

I don't know. I just thought that was an interesting question from my For Today book.

Since I am trying to stay focused in today, I guess I can only answer what my idea of happiness is today. And I think my idea of happiness must be only things that I have control over - not things like 'munchkin will turn into a happy child'.

Happiness is clean clothes; clean clothes that are easily sorted through and that all fit. They should be clean and folded or hung.

Happiness is a non-cluttered home that indeed feels like a home and not a warehouse.

Happiness is treating myself well - eating healthfully but not like I'm on a diet and taking care of myself.

Happiness is avoiding doing things that will cause me to have to make amends later.

Happiness is staying calm when I am in a tense situation.

Happiness is being satisfied with the way that I have handled things.

Happiness is being honest with myself.

Happiness is found through my Higher Power, through Good Orderly Direction, by listening to the voice of reason in the midst of my compulsivity or in the midst of not otherwise specified chaos.

Happiness is found through acceptance. When I accept life as it is, I can then deal with it effectively and satisfactorily. Note to self - make list of things you need to accept lol.

Happiness is being current on my stepwork and doing my journalling as I should be. Note to self - locate all stepwork assignments and complete.

Happiness is not adding the phrase 'you suck' to end of the above note to self.

No comments: