Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I think I might have a large facial orifice

There is this baby-faced salesperson that recently joined our staff and he's the youngest in the department now, maybe with the exception of the white-hot, fashion-plate marketing assistant who's thin as a whippet.

So anyway, I recently reviewed some letters he had already printed and signed and wanted me to mail out for him. I found something like six or seven typos in them and let him know so he could make a good impression. This is what I am paid to do, folks.

Yesterday he brought me some more letters. My ego was so excited. He hands me the letters and then he's walking away and I say, "Ok, I'll just look these over and make sure they're not embarrassing."

He goes, "Wow, that is insulting."

He was kidding, but I felt so guilty all day lol. No, seriously, I really did.

So then today he's coming back from lunch with the King, and he stops by my desk and brings the King with him.

He tells the King about the little situation yesterday and I defended myself, saying, "Well, he brought me some letters one time and there were six or seven errors in them. It looked like he didn't have a college education!!"

Oh dear…someone please gag me!!! LOL

What followed next was a discussion that included the expression that the reason I can be so abrasive lol is because every salesperson here has a ginormous ego and can definitely take it. LOL.

1 comment:

Deech said...

Salespeople are like that. I should know. But the good ones wouldn't hang on to the negativity.

Flyinfox_SATX