Friday, April 27, 2007

Floating on a Cloud & RAD

Someone asked me how I'm doing today and I gave them the oddest answer they have ever heard (perhaps).

"Well, I'm floating on a cloud!"

"Really?"

"Yep, cause I just found out that I got into Music School!"

Yes, indeedy. I was accepted into the K-12 Vocal Music Education program at my local university. Now, it's one thing to be accepted but a complete other thing to actually get through it, so we'll see how that works out.

But I am racking my brain right now trying to figure out how I am going to do school. And, yes, I would like to go full time, quite frankly. I will probably go part time at first and then full time later. I just love it that my life is moving forward. I'm not concentrated on the outcome. I am just going to do the actions and let God handle the outcome. Well, at least I'm going to do my best to let him handle it!

LOL. Wow, I couldn't be happier. Life sure is good right now. Yes, I'm broke, as usual lol, but other than that, things are good. :)

D was mouthy this morning - well, that's par for the course. Since joining a support group for parents of children with attachment disorders, I know quite well how lucky I am that D does not have a full case of Reactive Attachment Disorder. Parents have written things like their child is plotting against them, making up stories of abuse, putting their other children at risk, ruining happy occasions because the RAD can't handle it, you name it. D doesn't do these things, though she is pretty irritating at times. Before she went to Behaven, though, she was really out of control. After Behaven, I no longer had to worry as much. Now she can actually pretty well be trusted to do ok outside and stuff. And not try to stab me while I sleep. Well, that's an exaggeration.

But you know Mr. Cho, who shot 32 people dead at Virginia Tech? I bet he was RAD. Especially considering the messages he left. RAD kids often have no conscience. Thank God D is only mildly RAD. :)

1 comment:

Deech said...

Congrats on Music School...Keep this blog posted. I am interested in your experiences there.