Friday, May 07, 2010

Money Twubble

It appears I may not be good with money. Well, actually, that is no surprise. I never have been good with money. At all.

So today I decided to put almost all my money in the joint checking account to help cover household expenses. Hubby then takes it and pays bills and stuff. He is very good with money. He barely spends any, except on things that you have to - like fixing the car, groceries, family stuff, that kind of thing. He is good at saving and almost always eats at home.

I love to eat out, go to the movies, avoid cooking, buy new baubles to craft with, you name it. Almost everything I do involves spending some money, I have noticed.

I have noticed this because without having as much money in my checking account, it seems my options are quite limited. They are limited, if my favorite thing is spending money, which it appears to be!!

This is surprising. I didn't think I was that spendy. But I am. I'm very spendy. Without money in my pocket, I don't want to go much of anywhere. There's no adventure in it; no money to spend, no good time to be had.

So I am finding ways to be content at home. I'm reading books from the library. I'm cooking and in fact, cooking well. Hubby is really happy with my progress in Pakistani cooking.

My knife skills are improving. I'm working on my for-profit blog, http://lesscookingstuff.blogspot.com. I put videos and pictures on it. I cross-link it like mad and visit other cooking blogs, where I make comments. I'm hoping someone will click on some of the ads that I have on the blog, or perhaps order something from Amazon.

On Sunday, Mother's Day, we are having my mom and sister over. I pray that it goes well. I am looking forward to it and at the same time in fear of it. My sister's still crazy and so am I, and so is Deirdre.

I'm still in school. I don't "love" school anymore though, hahaha, now it's more like a job. I'm considering getting a part time job and working part time. The Reader has contacted me about a part time opportunity they may have coming up. I'm considering going for it.

And, finally, I want to take this blog public again. So I'm going through old posts and editing them. There are over 800 entries, can you believe that? Going through these old posts is helpful to me...I see that I'm not as pathetic as I thought I was. Sometimes I cuss a blue streak, but my reasoning and stuff actually doesn't seem too bad. I don't seem half as crazy as I actually was. :)

Lately it seems I am becoming more and more like a nice Pakistani wife. My main goal each day is to see what I can do today to strengthen my marriage. What can I do to make my husband feel loved and appreciated? Usually, the answer is "make something super good for dinner" and fix rotis to go with it. I wish all answers were that simple. :) I've even changed the way I clean my rear-end. Toilet paper is not a popular product in Pakistan; most people clean themselves with water. Now I don't feel clean if I go potty at a public place and can't use water. My friend Jeannie says that is very Muslim. hahahahaha.

But this dress I'm wearing sure isn't. There's boobage everywhere. And bare arms too. I look damn good though. :) So who cares? Hubby keeps making remarks, with a chuckle and a laugh, about how my "mummas" are making sad men happy. We laugh about it. We think it's really funny.

This October will be anniversary number 2. I feel like I've been married forever. Not sure if this is good or bad? I dunno. But I sure feel happy today about my marriage.

Munchkin appears to be entering puberty. This is quite scary. I thought I saw an armpit hair yesterday. And I thought I noticed her developing...ummm...chest appendages. Pray for us, will ya?

No comments: